This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Hey everyone, happy Friday and I hope you all have a fun weekend planned! Before you head off, here are my five favorite marketing pieces from this week:
- Coming Soon: New Instagram Business Tools – As JACKSON AND HYDE CEO Genevieve Monroe puts it: “Instagram has been critical for brand exposure, dialogue with new and potential customers, and being discovered by partners and retailers.” This post, straight from the mouth of Instagram, unveils the new Instagram Business Tools to help you get the most out of Instagram advertising and discover new customers.
- 17 Reasons Why Single Keyword Ad Groups (SKAGs) Always Win – According to this KlientBoost article, SKAGs are the best thing since sliced bread. Because your AdWords account structure is so important to PPC success, the Single Keyword Ad Group “approach is one of the fastest ways to elevate your click-through-rates, quality scores, and most importantly, the money that you’re making.” And this approach also works for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn!
- Facebook Traffic Is Gone? Here’s How to Increase Your Social Traffic – As all marketers know, organic traffic on Facebook has taken a big dive over the last year or two (as much as 50%, which means that your posts reach a whopping 6% of people). Tamas Torok has written this detailed guide (complete with some hilarious hand-drawn images!) on how to increase social traffic from Facebook by using sponsored posts.
- Mary Meeker’s 2016 internet trends report: All the slides, plus analysis – This post includes a video of Mary Meeker delivering her 2016 internet trends report at Code Conference 2016 plus a slide deck. LOTS of info here, but top 3 takeaways are 1) the internet is seeing a slowdown in growth, 2) within 5 years, about 50% of all searches will be via images or speech (not typed), and 3) messaging apps will rival the home screen as the go-to place for interaction.
- Will Intelligent Personal Assistants Replace Websites? – According to this Moz article, Personal Assistants (IPAs) are going to radically change the way we get info on the Internet, which will have the most impact on businesses. As author Tom Anthony says, “If your long-term marketing/business plan doesn’t account for IPAs, you may be in the same boat as those people who said they didn’t need a website in the early 2000s.”
Bonus Bullet! Bill Gates interview: How the world will change by 2030 – The Verge sat down with Bill Gates to talk about his ambitious vision for improving the lives of the poor through technology within the next 15 years.
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- GE 153: How Nathan Latka Drove $4.5M+ in Sales Via Webinars with His ‘10x Partner Rule’ (podcast) – Interview with Nathan Latka, founder and former CEO of Heyo: why webinars don’t work for most people—but how he drove $4.5M+ in sales from them.
- The Top Marketing Trends of 2016 You Need To Pay Attention To – From cryptocurrency to Artificial Intelligence to Snapchat, there’s a lot of marketing trends to look out for in 2016. Here’s what’s happening.
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- The 9 Marketing Mistakes You Don’t Realize You’re Making (And How To Avoid Them!) – To err is human, but to avoid these 9 common marketing mistakes in the first place is divine! Learn what to do (and what not to do) so you can market like a pro.
- 5 Ways Cold Emailing Can Help Generate Backlinks – With 78% of decision makers saying that they have agreed to a meeting as the result of a cold email, this might be the answer to your SEO-related goals.
Powered by WPeMatico